Program Manager Vehicle Electrification Systems
Location Warren, Ohio, États-Unis; Troy, Michigan, États-Unis
ID de l'offre J000642884
DRIVE AN ACCELERATION TOWARDS ZERO EMISSIONS IN TRANSPORTATION THROUGH BETTER POWER ELECTRONICS.
This position is a program management role within our recently formed Vehicle Electrification Systems group focused on delivering technical breakthroughs, industry leading products, and commercial success through our power electronics investments.
The Program Manager VES leads the multifunctional teams to lead the pursuit activities and assure execution of the product development process to assure a flawless product launch. A PM manages high degrees of change, conflict, customer interaction and crisis management. The program manager will regularly coordinate between and interact with executives and all internal functions.
Ideally you have managed or played a key role in a team that has ensured the pursuit, flawless and timely execution of commercial pursuits, program launches, or product development milestones. While a background in traditional program and project management is preferred, an interest and experience with broader general management and connecting all business activities with strategic initiatives that drive enterprise value and results is what would differentiate the ideal candidate.
This experience combined with a track record, driving technical execution, curiosity, flawless communication, structured analytical thinking, business judgment and true leadership skills would make you successful in this role.
We also expect you to bring your best self and the following to the team:
- Demonstrable experience preparing and presenting proposals to launch new product lines or approve commercial pursuits is critical
- An ability to influence technical and sales staff to do their best work even though they don’t directly report to you
- Strong communication skills that translate the benefits of technical advances to customers and convert technical discussions into clear value proposition driven sales
- A deep interest and/or domain expertise in power electronics, electric drive systems and high-power systems, wire harnesses, connectors, inlets and any form of data / power distribution
- Values and behaviors that align with Aptiv’s, our cultural aspirations and deep commitment to doing the right thing, the right way. Always.
- Great energy, tenacity, and resourcefulness that inspires a team to be technically curious in a practical way that delivers production ready designs and concepts
- Effective decision-making skills in resource management, people staffing and technical trade-offs
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the establishment of VES’ operating system including the tools, governance and structure to keep us honest on our progress relative to our goals
- Own the Pursuits and development Timing , Risk register, Staffing Plan, Gate Reviews and the associated Business Case
- Lead the program pursuits and execution in line with customer and Aptiv requirements
- Lead cross-functional program team to win business and meet product, quality and budget deliverables
- Set up the necessary channels to drive resolution of issues getting in the way of pursuits, development or program launches
- Effectively lead and manage execution review for the product lines
- Use your experience and judgement to foresee execution hurdles and drive pre-emptive action
- Manage risks, compromises, and their impact in a timely manner. Actively seek and remove impediments getting in the way of desired outcomes in collaboration with other leaders within Aptiv
Here are some of our preferred experiences and qualifications for this role:
- A track record of managing programs in the automotive industry combined with exposure to multiple OEMs in a program responsible role
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering discipline
- Relevant higher education degrees preferred such as an MBA
- Experience working with cross functional teams: mechanical, firmware, test, and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience developing engineering proposals for customer sales engagements
- High level of oral, written and interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers, partners and other company leaders
- Prior experience managing a team of program managers or driving the implementation of a business division’s operating system
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Vehicle Electrification Systems:
VES, or vehicle electrification systems combines Aptiv’s high voltage wiring, charging, connection systems and power electronics capabilities under one tight nit, but expanding team. We are focused on providing OEMs with complete solutions that solve their most complex integration challenges as they develop their next generation of electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Emplois présentés / Postes récemment consultés / Postes sauvegardés
Postes récemment consultés
Aucun poste récemment consultéAfficher tous les postes disponibles
No saved jobsAfficher tous les postes disponibles