Lead Systems Engineer – Integrated Power Electronics
Location Troy, Michigan, États-Unis
ID de l'offre J000639155
DRIVE AN ACCELERATION TOWARDS ZERO EMISSIONS IN TRANSPORTATION THROUGH BETTER POWER ELECTRONICS.
This position is a critical system engineering role within our recently formed Vehicle Electrification Systems group focused on delivering technical breakthroughs, industry leading products, and commercial success through our power electronics investments.
As one of the first systems engineers on the team, you will play a key role in defining and driving the execution of the product’s requirements. In many ways you will be the link through which all functions and the team will ensure that our products have a unique selling proposition that lives up to the strategy. You will be at the heart of every technical compromise and decision ensuring that the product integration is best in class at all system levels.
Through system integration and innovation, we strongly believe that there is an opportunity deliver more power electronics performance, efficiency and value as OEMs develop their next generation EV and PHEV offerings to fulfill consumer demand that we can further accelerate. With your experience, we will execute this vision and make it happen in the very near term.
If this is of interest to you and you’re up to the task by meeting the requirements below plus more, let’s talk.
You are expected to:
- Translate and drive a strategy and product plan into product requirements that the rest of the team within their respective functions can deliver (software, electrical, mechanical design, validation, testing, functional safety, etc.)
- Perform system level trade off analysis to balance product cost, performance and features.
- Coordinate and manage necessary simulations to drive technical decisions
- Drive DFMEA and PFMEA development, functional safety analysis
- Investigate and analyze new materials, components, technologies, applications, and their appropriate use
- Support to internal and external design resources when appropriate
- Drive automotive process execution excellence within and across multiple functions
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field from an accredited institution
- A minimum of three (3) years’ system engineering experience with electrical/power electronics high voltage hardware development experience – DCDC converter/OBCs/inverters for industrial or aerospace or military drives, battery electric or hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Strong communication skills that translate the benefits of technical decisions in your field to colleagues, management, and other stakeholders, including customers
- Master’s Degree or PhD majoring in power electronics from an accredited institution
- 5 years’ plus experience in Electrical/Electronic system - power electronics/OBC/DCDC/inverters for industrial or aerospace or military drives, battery electric and hybrid electric vehicle systems
- Familiar with electric vehicle power conversation technologies, standards and regulations (ISO26262, etc.)
- Experience in conducting electrical, thermal or EMC analysis of OBC, DCDC , inverter or Integrated power electronics module system and subsystems
- Experience with any of the following CAD tools: circuit and behavioral simulation (SPICE, Plecs/PSIM, Saber, Ansys, Matlab/Simulink)
- Experience in performing design validation and verification
- Familiar with automotive product development process including APQP/PPAP and ASPICE
- Familiar with automotive requirement management tools JAZZ/DOORS, IQ-FMEA
- Familiar with change management process and understand NPI/CPI process
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Emplois présentés / Postes récemment consultés / Postes sauvegardés
Postes récemment consultés
Aucun poste récemment consultéAfficher tous les postes disponibles
No saved jobsAfficher tous les postes disponibles